Mass is cancelled at 11:30 AM this Sunday due to the upcoming holiday.
St. Michael Catholic School in Schererville, Indiana is currently looking to employ a part-time registered nurse for their school environment. Interested applicants should email their resume, transcripts and 3 letters of recommendation to Colleen M. Kennedy – principal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please don’t hesitate to contact the school with inquiries.
- Provide healthcare to students and staff
- Perform health screenings
- Serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance