History of Success
The students of St. Michael Catholic School consistently score above the state and county average on ISTEP testing. Our alumni are also consistently listed on the Honor Rolls of local high schools including Andrea, Bishop Noll, Lake central, Marian Catholic, and Mount Carmel.
- Pre-K through Junior High
- Award winning athletics
- Foreign language programs
- State of the art computer labs
- SMART boards in the classrooms
- Full Accreditation by Indiana Department of Education
- Experienced & Professional faculty
- Before/after school care program
- Small class sizes
- Tuition Assistance
St. Michael School, a Catholic Faith Community, is committed to meeting the spiritual, educational, emotional and social needs of every student by:
- Providing opportunities for maximum academic performance
- Developing self-esteem, leadership, and personal responsibility
- Promoting positive Christian attitudes that lead to active participants in the Church and society
- Encouraging social responsibility in an effort to promote peace and justice
- Sharing with parents in the educational mission of the Church
St. Michael Catholic School is dedicated to educating students of all faiths in a Catholic value-centered environment, where we provide safe, creative, and challenging learning experiences that consist of numerous curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We will provide students with a wide array of teaching styles, access and use to advancing technologies, one-on-one mentoring, and a collaborative community of teachers, students, administrators, and parents working toward a future of maximum achievement.
- We will provide a safe, creative, and challenging learning environment that consists of numerous curricular and extra-curricular opportunities for our students.
- We will provide an environment that prepares our students for the future by instilling 21st century learning skills with Catholic values and embedding opportunities for students and teachers to access and use advancing technologies.
- We will inspire students to be life-long learners who can thrive as independent learners in a collaborative environment while also preparing them to be productive, accountable, and responsible citizens.
- We will utilize a wide array teaching styles and strategies that will connect with students and will teach relevant content that is derived from adopted state and national standards.
- We will offer a positive and caring school culture that will encompass an environment in which teachers help mentor students from preschool through 8th Grade.
- We will foster professional development, teacher collaboration, and teacher input to attain maximum achievement for our students and school.
- We will promote a culture that offers various academic opportunities that will guide students in their pursuit of post-secondary career goals.
- We will offer a collaborative community environment that will allow teachers, students, administration, parents and other stakeholders to work together on the various facets of the educational experience.
Education can open up worlds to a young mind. Here at St. Michael Catholic School, we help to empower our students to explore these worlds and live a rich and meaningful life. We know that education needs to address the whole person – mind, body, and spirit. As educators, we are committed to implanting these values in young minds and ensuring the best possible environment for our youngsters to grow.
See our Continous Learning Plan